It’s a fantastic way to invest in your house, like doing cabinet installation, but it necessitates drilling. You must be familiar with cabinet hardware, which includes knobs and pulls affixed to drawers and cabinets and used to open and close cabinets. But do you really know what would be the Best Drill Bit For Cabinet Hardware for such projects?
Basically, drilling is required for any artistic endeavor in the home or kitchen. In general, the drill bit’s tip delivers results to your cabinets, including flat or open sections, knobs, hinges, handles, and more. Most cabinet screws demand a 3/16″ diameter hole, which requires the suitable drill bits that we have reviewed below.
DIYers Pick: 5 Best Drill Bit for Cabinet Hardware
Country of Origin: China
Model number: DW1361
Yellow Titanium Drill Bit Kit
Style: 21-Piece Bit Set
|COMOWARE M35 Cobalt
Cutting Angle String:
Component Type: Cobalt
Finish Type: Oxide Coated, Steel
After the review session, we have the proper guidelines, where we mention that a good driller always considers the ideal size, type, performance, durability, and some other crucial facts. However, if you are searching for the drill bit that will save you time and money, take a look at this article and pick yours!
DEWALT DW1361Titanium Coated Drill Bit Kit, 21 Pcs
- A connectable accessory storage setting is included with the Dewalt drill machine bit kit.
- The titanium flute can effortlessly drill holes since it is suitable for metals, wood, and even plastics.
- Bit’s clear cover makes it simple to quickly and easily see what’s inside.
- The drill bit set’s innovative bit-bar style enables efficient flexible bit arrangement and removal.
- A clip latch was attached for secure closure.
- Ideal for managing loose parts, the little bulk storage accommodates the little plus medium ToughCase.
- A tapered web will ensure excellent durability and less breakage.
- A bit kit comes with diameters ranging from 1/16” and ½” and is housed in a durable plastic box.
- Additionally, they come with a thirty-day cash-back guarantee.
- Brand: DEWALT
- Country of Origin: China
- Model number: DW1361
- Color: Yellow Titanium Drill Bit Kit
- Style: 21-Piece Bit Set
- Component: Titanium Coat
- Finish: Titanium Nitride
- Shank Type: Straight
- Flute Type: Spiral
- Surface Suggestion: Metal, Wood and Plastic
- Item Dimensions: 8.75 x 8.75 x 1.38 inches
- Warranty: Cash-back guarantee for 30 days
- Customer Rating: 4.8 out of 5
When you have a Dewalt bit set, any type of drilling may be done successfully. So, here is Dewalt unique Titanium Coat DW1361 cabinet hinge bit set, which is suitable for cabinet. However, what are the items inside the box?
The premium titanium-made drill bits include 21 different drill bits, all of which ensure quick drilling into wood or metal. Additionally, each drill bit includes a magnetic clip for quick removal and a magnetic holder to keep all of your bits handy and arranged. A professional will therefore appreciate the tool comprehensively and be keen to buy it again after getting a good performance rate that ensured 4.8 stars.
- For use with wood, plastic, or metal, a sturdy and versatile bit set with 21 different options. A tool with such a sharp shank for cabinet woodworking. Today, you would have to invest two-to-three times as much to purchase something of that quality. A 30-day cash-back guarantee is also offered.
- In contrast to metric drill bits, these are imperial. Not the most effective at cutting through steel fenders from the 1970s. Following that, the flex is good but a little too short.
Hurricane 230-Piece Titanium Twist Drill Bit Kit
- The Hurricane Titanium drill bit is set with 230 pieces, and HSS ensures good strength and longevity.
- For simple storage and transport, it is delivered in a plastic storage container.
- The efficient 135-degree cutting point intelligently centers itself and penetrates with less power.
- The drill bit becomes more durable and has a higher survival rate with the titanium coating, which also increases drill bit hardness and lowers heat accumulation.
- The drill bit kit has various sizes, so it will be ideal for standard size requirements for wood, cast iron, aluminum alloy, plastic, or fiberglass, which ensures it is one of the best drill bits for cabinet hardware.
- Brand: Hurricane
- Model Number: YL-JQYI-K6YM
- Hand Orientation: Both Hands
- Component: High-Speed Steel
- Size: 230 Piece Twist Drill Bits Set
- Finish: Titanium
- Shank: Round
- Angle: cutting string – 135 Degrees
- Product Dimensions: 11.02 x 9.45 x 2.17 inches
- Customer Rating: 4.4 out of 5
Every drill bit kit that is made of premium HSS ensures the high quality of the tool. I’m curious how such perfection can be found in a drill set at such a low cost. Yes, we are referring to the Hurricane 230-Piece Titanium Twist, 135° Tip Drill Bit kit, which got top ratings for its great performance when utilized to design cabinets.
The cutting tools used by the Canadian company can also be used to cut any type of wood, fiberglass, plastic, cast iron, or aluminum alloy. There are now 20 distinct shank sizes available for cutting cabinets, with a range of 1/2 to 3/54. The plastic storage box for convenient storage and portability is what you’ll appreciate most about the item. So, if you are looking for a reputed brand drill bit box, Hurricane is there for you!
- You will always have everything you need because this package contains 230 little bits, which is a lot. We discovered that practically every piece of shank had the same twist design all around. Accurate cutting is achieved by the 135-degree optimum cutting point. An easy-to-transport and store plastic storage container.
- In contrast to the larger one, the smaller shanks are fragile. Furthermore, it is not constructed of carbide.
COMOWARE M35 Cobalt Drill Bit Kit, 3 Pcs
- The COMOWARE drill bit kit has high heat and resistance properties due to the HSS and 5% cobalt content.
- With a precise 135° split point and twist style, dragging is prevented, and chips and debris are swept more efficiently.
- For tough materials, M35 cobalt HSS is better suited.
- Particularly effective in slicing through tough metals, including cast iron, stainless steel, plastic products, wood, titanium alloy, and maximum temperature alloy.
- When employing a drill for metal, woodworking, or plastic, there is no need to adjust the speed settings.
- The set includes a drill bit holder with a size index for easy storage and organization.
- Because of their excellent construction and endurance, these parts will last you a lifetime.
- Brand: COMOWARE
- Element Type: High-Speed Steel
- Finish: Titanium
- Shank: Straight
- Cutting Angle String: 135 Degrees
- Shank Diameter: 1/4 inches
- Style: 13 pcs Cobalt
- Package Dimensions: 5.91 x 3.58 x 0.75 inches
- User Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Do you wish to meet an industry standard, widely used drill bit kit? Check out the COMOWARE 5% Cobalt Drill Machine Bit Kit, which features 13 different sizes of bits that are built with HSS for endurance, increased heat resistance, and damage tolerance. They will effectively finish the cabinet hardware project because of their twist style and 135-degree split point.
You can replace parts by simply switching chucks to fit your project. They are equipped with a typical 1/4″ x 18 threaded chuck that is compatible with drills from other manufacturers, such as Dewalt, Makita, Bosch, or Milwaukee. This industry standard drill bit kit, however, has the ability to make 200 holes into thick steel. Amazing, isn’t this? Indeed, it is!
- A hot knife into butter is how this unique bit set cuts. Compared to HSS drills, the drill bit is sturdier and holds an edge longer. The metal casing was undamaged overall, and upon observation, the pieces all seemed sharp. In general, the product is effective for any cabinet or woodworking job.
- It becomes difficult to reach hard metal after drilling for 15 minutes. Then, the smaller one appears fragile and difficult to cut. The storage case is constructed of plastic as well.
STROTON Twist Drill Bits Kit With Metric M42 8 percent Cobalt for Hard Metal and Stainless Steel
- The drill set has superior M42 (8% cobalt) and 68 to 70 HRC hardness standards to ensure the appropriate wearing, heating plus chipping resistance.
- Made in three steps for cutting tough metals like stainless steel, aluminum, or plastic.
- Usually able to operate 3 to 5 times faster.
- Cobalt drill bits are more expensive, but the rate for every hole is most probably at the lowest since they can create more holes.
- The metal substance can be cut into long strips of metal chips with an ideal sharp bit edge.
- Comes with 19 Pieces of Split Point Bits at 135 °.
- Brand: STROTON
- Component Type: Cobalt
- Finish Type: Oxide Coated, Steel
- Shank: Straight
- Angle-cutting string: 135 Degrees
- Tool Flute Type: Spiral
- Surface Suggestion: Stainless steel, aluminum, plastic, or metal
- Pattern: 19pcs
- User Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Our goal is to introduce high-quality drill bit tools, so this time we’re bringing you a Metric M42 cabinet hardware drill bit tools for professional-level DIYers.The product has a variety of uses, which makes this drill bit the best one for cabinet hardware. But what are the features you’ll get?
To ensure endurance, wear, heat, and chip resistance, the bit set includes Exceptional M42, 8 percent cobalt steel, and 68 and 70 HRC. A three-step design demonstrates a 3–5 times faster drilling process. Additional attractive features like the 19-piece sharp bit edge and the 135-degree split point will highlight the accuracy level of this set for your cabinet project. Don’t forget to get this drill bit the next time you need any drill bit for kitchen cabinets since it also cuts through tough materials like metal.
- The three-step cutting drill bit kit is composed of cobalt and has sharp bit edges for precise execution. Contains 19 Split Point Drill Bits with a 135 °. After six months of light use on plastic, sheet steel, or aluminum, the blades can still make fast, precise cuts with accurate dimensions and maintain their sharpness like a new one. Additionally, Stroton and warranties provide outstanding customer service. Overall, it’s a set of reasonable-quality parts at a good price.
- The flute tip edge coating may have been scraped off by certain drill tips, but they were still effective cutters. Some people complain about their price, but the performance will make you happy instead of upset.
Amoolo 1/4″ Drill Bit, M35 HSS Drill Bit Kit, 10 Pieces
- Amoolo offers a remarkable drill set with bits that include 10 pieces of 1/4″ (6.35 millimeter) x 2-3/4″ (+69.85 millimeter) flute length bits.
- Compared to HSS used in other sets of drill bits of a similar size, the industry-grade M35 HSS drill kit with bits is considerably stronger than those included.
- For faster and cooler drilling performance, the spiral groove quickly fixes dirt and reduces heat as well as friction.
- Drilling is accurate and quick since they have a 135 degree split point and flat shank.
- This drill bit’s 5% cobalt content improves wear resistance and durability.
- Can be cut into hard metal like cast iron, or sheet metal, as well as wood, aluminum alloy, plastic, or other soft items.
- This drill bit comes with a transportable plastic case.
- They provide a 90-day or 3-month warranty, so any problem can be resolved, and you are cordially invited to get in touch with the brand for a 100 percent replacement or refund.
- Brand: Amoolo
- Component Type: Cobalt Steel
- Cutting Diameter: 0.25 Inches
- Shank: Round
- Angle-cutting string: 135 Degrees
- Point Type: Split Point
- Shank Material: Cobalt Steel
- Package Dimensions: 4.8 x 3.27 x 0.47
- Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5
We are now highlighting the final but not less effective drill. This time, we are telling you about a very effective Amoolo M35 cobalt steel 1/4″ bit set. The drill stands out from the crowd since it is made of the highest industry-level M35 HSS with 5% cobalt to improve wear resistance and reliability. Moreover, users valued the 135° split point and precisely grounded spiral groove designs.
Why does this tool have the love of users? Due to its numerous application qualities, it can cut through any hard element like metal, steel, plastic, or especially wood for cabinet jobs in the kitchen or house. However, you won’t need to be concerned about maneuverability or pressure, and the performances will be impressive overall.
- These excellent carbide drill bits come in a variety of sizes and are reasonably priced. Users can more comfortably use power tools with a flute length of 69.85 mm. You’ll have total control, extra cooling time, and good productivity. Also, have solid, sturdy drill bits that can properly remove a damaged bolt from a car frame and provide satisfying cabinet hardware drilling experiences.
- Perhaps drill bits suddenly become dull after 3/4 of the way through drilling thin metal. You might require water to maintain a comfortable temperature. Additionally, if the component is made of carbon steel or ceramic, you won’t have precise drilling experience.
Buying Guideline Of Best Drill Bit For Cabinet Hardware
Every drill bit has distinctive features, but the high-end brands offer almost similar characteristics like good component type, flute type, performance, accuracy, longevity, and a cost-friendly price. However, let us discuss the important factors to consider when purchasing best drill bit for cabinet hardware.
The best component type needs to be taken into consideration first. If it’s made of metal, you need to worry about rust. Generally, wood screws or nails work well with materials composed of metal or wood, so invest money on a bit set made of stainless steel or HSS with cobalt.
Type of Drill Bit
Based on its potential applications, it selects the best type of drill bit for your tasks, such as cabinet installation or woodworking. Therefore, you will require a power drill with versatile performance.
For instance, using a drill constructed from wood on wood will cause damage, and using a drill made of wood on metal will ruin the drill bit because the bit is made of wood. Therefore, be sure to look at the products we have mentioned because they are unique drill bit models. We advise using cabinet hinge drill bits that won’t slide inside the hinge.
Drill Bit Size
The most popular sizes for the best drill bit for cabinet hardware are 1/16′′, 5/64′′, 3/32′′, 7/64′′, 1/8′′, 9/64′′, 5/32′′, or 3/16′′, as well as roofing, pocket-hole, and blind-hole drill bits. A large percentage of cabinet knobs come with #8 screws with a 0.16″ diameter, or around 5/32-inch. Nevertheless, we advise using a 3/16-inch twist bit.
Type of Flute
Flute is effectively a pointy slot that curls upward along the length of drill bits. There are three main kinds of flutes that we typically use:
- Solid Flute: A flute without vents through which chips could escape.
- Split Flute: Features one or more routes or slots to let the chip leave.
- Diamond Flute: Chiseled with a series of short, sharp cutting edges throughout its length, causing the drill bit to cut quicker than other varieties of flutes.
Length of Cut
In the case of cabinet hardware, the size or length of the hole is essential. But when it comes to selecting the best drill bit kit, a conventional 5 mm drill bit is the common option. Additionally, the sizes of drilling and milling bits are 0 to 4 inches (in/mm) and 1/4 to 1 inch (in/mm).
Drill Bit Grade
We don’t want you to invest in the wrong tool, so you should also take a look at the grade of your bits. Drill bits composed of HSS, carbide, or masonry are mainly used for drilling tasks like installing cabinet hardware or drilling holes in wood. Then, take into account the heat along with scratch resistance and durability.
Weight of the Tool
Never underestimates your drill machine’s weight! While drilling, the weighty drill with bits makes it uncomfortable and challenging to operate. Choose a lightweight type that is easy to hold because heavy ones cause unnecessary pressure on your wrists and perhaps your arms.
Drill Bit Helix Angles
The helix angle, which we commonly overlook but should be aware of, is the upward angle that a drill bit’s spiral or groove takes as it moves closer to its point. In order to assure more effectiveness, a high helix angle is significantly more desirable.
Accuracy And Speed
Additionally, the drill bit kit you use should drill holes quickly. Another essential component is the flexibility and accuracy of cutting the wood or any other substance to the appropriate hole size. To utilize it at a lower pace without losing its cutting ability, pick the one with a fast rotational bit. Think about the fact that a quality drill bit, like the tools we suggested, will have more endurance.
Always remembers to verify the warranty and servicing time since the tool might collapse at any time. So, by verifying the services, you may acquire the best drill bit kit for cabinet. Just take a look at the review section one more time! You will get your necessary drill machine and bits for the cabinet.
How to Install Cabinet Hardware
So, we just ended up with the review section, where the ideal drill bits have been suggested. Now it’s time to get yourself ready to start the installation process with a drill bit for kitchen cabinets. First of all, select the tools that you require for this home project. Then we will talk elaborately about the other processes.
Tools That You Need
- 3/16″ twist drill bit
- Ruler or tape measure
Door Knobs in the Proper Placement
It’s a pleasure to design your own kitchen cabinets. If you try to drill new cabinets, be sure you do it correctly, or you’ll ruin the project. So, do you know where to position the knobs? It’s a good idea to connect a knob to the top of the bottom door rail.
It can be placed anywhere between two and half inches away out from the center entrance doors. To do so, check the line and divide the location by two to achieve the central area. Since most cabinet knobs come with 0.16-inch screws, a 3/16-inch bit would be the wise pick.
If we’re talking about the cabinet slab door, ensuring the identical spacing as we did for the central location, the difference will be in the placement, that is, the side edge of your door.
Using a Plastic Template
Use the cardboard plastic template for multiple knobs or unusual handle-style pull knobs. In the case of installing two knobs, simply hold a piece of cardboard to the location of your first knob, with the edges properly aligned to the edges of the cabinet, and drill a hole through the cardboard. That is where you will mark all of your other holes on each cabinet.
Position of the Knob
Using a handy hammer, press your nail for capturing it and marking the door with your other hand. Then, using the nailing point, pull it out, and your drilling machine will do the leftover job.
Now that we’ve marked the spot where we want to drill, grab your drill and 3/16″ bits. Align your drill bit with the hole you made on the front of the cabinet door. Drill a hole gradually and keep it level.
Drilling from front to rear stops splintering on the front of your door. The back of the door may split considerably when the drill passes through it, but it will be hidden by the head of the screw and won’t be apparent from the front.
Check The Fixed Knob
After drilling a hole, add two screws. You should have two different lengths of screws: one short for cabinet doors plus the longer for drawer boxes. Use the screwdriver after inserting a short sized one. The screws inside your drawer boxes should also be tightened.
The Knob with Superglue
It’s possible that a single screw, which is tight, might loosen with time. In order to install the kitchen cabinet effectively, thread sealant can be used, but it will work much better if you add a drop of superglue.
Attach the Hardware Temporarily
Consider fastening something with the hardware if you’re unsure about where the knobs and pulls should be placed. Put some reusable putty adhesive on the hardware and test out several placements.
Use Tape to Cover Up Unused Holes
It’s not required to use every hole, so masking tape can be used to cover the ones that aren’t being used. Mark the area with an awl to make sure the holes are the right size for your needs.
Cover the old Holes
We’ve occasionally had odd-looking holes or old damage left over after utilizing drill bits. As a result, you should use the back plates to cover any imperfections, spots, or old holes.
FAQ on Best Drill Bit for Cabinet Hardware
What size drill bit do you use for cabinet knobs?
It all matters according to the screw that goes into which hole. Usually, drill bits for cabinet screws require a 3/16″ diameter hole. Therefore, making the screw holes with a power drill and a 3/16-inch twist bit is ideal.
What kind of drill bit do you use for cabinet hardware?
Usually, cabinet hardware kits feature screws and drill bits for installation, whereas most cabinet knobs come with #8 machine screws that measure 0.16 inch in diameter, or around 5/32′′. To attach the screws, meanwhile, use a power drill with a 3/16-inch twist bit or a 6mm (1/4′′) flathead or hex head bit.
Should you drill pilot holes for cabinet screws?
You can drill without pilot holes, but based on the screw size and timber variety, the lumber will probably split or break. On the other hand, you should drill pilot holes since they help prevent the solid or MDF wood boards from breaking when you run a nail or screw into them.
How do you drill cabinet holes without splintering wood?
We always prefer to drill a pilot hole; however, a scrap piece of wood or plywood can be used as a backup block without splintering.
Put this behind the piece of plywood that will be drilled.
Make sure it’s right above the spot where the hole will be.
How do you drill holes for cabinet hardware?
Choose the proper hardware with screws.
Drill the cabinet fronts and drawers, making sure to drill smooth into the door and not at an angle.
Make a template to mark the location of the holes needed to install the handles.
Once your holes are drilled, remove the painter’s tape and insert the handles.
Secure the screws on the handle with a screwdriver.
Have you checked the review section? Are you now hassle-free about getting the best drill bit for cabinet hardware? If not, then you can also search on the internet since they will suggest the same tools for your cabinet hardware installation.
Additionally, we have included the proper guidelines to follow just before you purchase your ideal tool. Users prefer to have an installation process, so we talked about the easy steps to install the kitchen cabinet. However, if you want more information about the products we reviewed, the comment box is always open for you!